Call for Short-term Scientific Missions (STSMs)
It is our pleasure to invite applications for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs). Proposals are open for any topic related to the EUdaphobase Action goals. For full information on Virtual Mobility Grants (VMGs), please see document Full Information including topics under Details.
STSM applicants must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or post-doctoral fellow or be employed by, or affiliated to, an Institution or legal entity which has within its remit a clear association with performing research.
The Home Institution or organisation must be located in a Participating COST Full Member / COST Cooperating Member Country an Action MC Observer institution from a Near Neighbor Country (NNC) an approved European RTD Organisation The Host Institution must be located in a different country than the country of the applicant.
Step-by-step application procedure
- The Applicant contacts the Host institution;
- The Host Institution informs the applicant by e-mail of its acceptance of the applicant.
- The Applicant fills in and downloads the form on-line at Online STSM application submission website. It includes:
- Applicant details
- STSM details
- Bank details
- Host details
- Financial support
- Supporting documents:
- CV: 1 page + publication list at least 5 years back. If the applicant has no publications, the CV of the supervisor as well as a letter of support must also be attached.
- Letter of Support from the Home Institution
- Host Acceptance Letter confirming that the Applicant can perform the work described in the Work Plan on the agreed dates (Host Acceptance Letter template)
- Detailed Work Plan (maximum 10 pages) including objectives, hypotheses, time schedule, methods, state-of-the-art, references, costs.
For further details, see the COST Vademecum.
Minimum 5 calendar days including travelling time.
No maximum duration is specified, but may be limited by the maximal financial grant.
STSMs must be carried out in their entirety within a single Grant Period (01 November 2021 to 31 October 2022) and always within the Action’s lifetime (09/09/2023).
Your STSM Grant is a contribution to your travel, accommodation and meal expenses (salary is not included or possible):
- Up to a maximum of 3,500 € including max. 300 € for travelling.
- Up to a maximum of 160 € per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses.
- STSM applicants with an affiliation to an institution in an ITC country can request a prepayment of 50% of the total grant.
Maximum 30 calendar days from the end date of the mission, the STSM Grantee (applicant) must submit a scientific report to the Action Chair. This will release the grant payment.
STSM Coordinator Lourdes Morillas Viñuales
Grant Holder David Russell
- Host Acceptance Letter template
- Online STSM application submission website. Requires registration on eCOST.